Take the Quiz
Wondering if your teen is just acting like a typical teenager or if they are abusing alcohol and drugs? One indication of substance abuse is your teen’s behavior. Take this test to see if your teen needs counseling.
Teen Substance Abuse Test
1. Yes / No Has there been a dramatic change in your teen’s behavior?
2. Yes / No Is your teen neglecting activities they once enjoyed?
3. Yes / No Has your teen started to get into trouble at school?
4. Yes / No Have your teen’s grades dropped?
5. Yes / No Has your teen started making excused not to go to school or work?
6. Yes / No Has your teen started breaking the rules and lying?
7. Yes / No Is your teen withdrawing from normally strong relationships with family and friends?
8. Yes / No Is your teen experiencing extreme emotions including aggressive behavior or depression?
9. Yes / No Are money, valuables or prescription drugs missing?
7 out of 9 “Yes” – This total number of Yes responses indicates your teen could have a problem with alcohol or drugs and should see a psychologist for an assessment.
This test is meant to be used as a starting point, not as a diagnostic tool. This score is not intended as a mental disorder diagnosis or as any type of healthcare recommendation.